Dan Feinberg is a partner in the firm. His practice focuses on employee benefits and wage and hour issues, including individual representation in disability and pension claims, class action litigation regarding breaches of fiduciary duties by fiduciaries of benefit plans, and violation of state vacation pay laws. Employee Stock Ownership Plan (“ESOP”) litigation is a particular focus of his practice.
Mr. Feinberg was lead counsel in the Tribune ESOP litigation which resulted in a $32 million settlement and several published decisions in favor of the plaintiffs, as listed below.
Mr. Feinberg has been retained as an expert witness or mediator in ERISA-related litigation, and he was appointed as Special Master for settlement purposes in an ERISA class action by the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Mr. Feinberg has also spoken on ERISA topics at many legal conferences, including Annual Meetings of the American Bar Association, Annual Conventions of the National Employment Lawyers Association, Annual Meetings of the Western Pension and Benefits Conference, the Los Angeles Benefits Conference, and the ERISA Litigation Conference. Mr. Feinberg was previously a shareholder at Lewis, Feinberg, Lee & Jackson, P.C.
- open all
- close all
- Tribune Company Employee Stock Ownership Plan Lawsuit
- Fernandez v. K-M Holding Co., Inc.
- Abatie v. Alta Health & Life Insurance Co.
- Comer v. Salomon Smith Barney
- Lee v. California Butchers’ Pension Trust Fund
- Mongeluzo v. Baxter Travenol LTD Plan
- Super Lawyers magazine has named him a Top 100 Northern California Lawyer every year since 2011.
- “Northern California Super Lawyer” in the Employee Benefits/ERISA category every year since 2005.
- In November 2003, The Recorder newspaper gave Dan Feinberg honorable mention in the category of top attorney for ERISA plaintiffs in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Mr. Feinberg received the 2006 Champion of Justice Award from the Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF) at the BASF Foundation Gala on October 10, 2006. This award is the highest honor the BASF Foundation bestows upon a member of the Bay Area legal community.
Civic Activities & Professional Associations
- Member of the Board of Directors of Legal Aid at Work
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Fellow, American College of Employee Benefits Counsel (ACEBC)
- Swarthmore College Alumni Council
Publications & Presentations
Feinberg has authored or co-authored many articles on ERISA topics published in ERISA Litigation Reporter, ABA Employee Benefits Committee Newsletter, The Practical Lawyer, Tax Management Compensation Planning Journal, and Labor Center Reporter.